Welcome back to Curated by Accountants. For those of you new to this newsletter, check out some of the amazing articles from past issues we’ve collated.
Must-reads this month
I love this how-to on busting fraudulent activity in Xero.
Great read on ensuring your systems are creating good efficiencies— Does your company need a Director of getting Sh*T done?
An interesting piece from Chris Hooper— Why can lawyers charge more than accountants?
And lastly, a bit of fun reading— How accounting technology is like coffee.
In case you missed it, here is my fireside chat with Greg Tuckwell— How surviving cancer changed my accounting practice.
The team at LiveCA have a great webinar on Building the dream team: hiring & coaching strategies.
Karbon has some great webinars coming up in May. I’ll be hosting the first two.
– Eliminate, automate, delegate: strategies to become a super efficient firm
– How I refine & automate my firm’s tax processes with Karbon
– Accounting apps to serve your clients better & faster
– Identifying & improving the processes that impact your topline most
QuickBooks Connect — 18 May (Sydney)
Accountex — 10-11 May (London)
Podcast of the month
Check out the Bookkeeper Revolution Podcast by Mel Power and Steve Major for a great collection of stories from accountants, bookkeepers and the ecosystem.
Quote of the month
“Perfectionism is often an excuse for procrastination.”
Thanks for reading. I’d love your help with a couple of things if possible.
1. Enjoy this issue? Please send it to one friend—this helps us grow.
2. Know someone who is writing thought-provoking reads for our Industry? Please let me know—I’d love to feature them in the next issue.
P.S. If you know any other accountants who would enjoy this newsletter, they can sign up to the mailing list here.