Curated by Accountants for Accountants – September 2016
It’s been a fun month with Xerocon, plus a ton of great webinars and content from our peers. I’m always amazed and blown away by the collaboration and sharing that happens in our Industry.
Must-reads this month
For those wanting a wrap-up of Xerocon, some of my faves are:
Other articles you should check out include:
- This nice take on mobile accounting from Kenji Kuramoto
- The focus paradox from Michael Carter
- A very to-the-point article about succession planning
- The future of accounting debate was loads of fun. I’d love to know what you think the future holds.
- Thoughts from Trent McLaren on innovative trends taking over the accountingworld.
Events not to be missed
- Quickbooks Connect takes place on 24-25 Oct, in San Jose, California .
- Firm of the Future Roadshow is visiting 25 US cities in Oct and Nov.
- ATSA is on in Melbourne, 24-25 Oct.
- Xero are taking Cloud St on tour in Aus from Oct-Dec.
- DiG Festival is on in Newcastle, 13-14 Oct.
- As always, Karbon are running some amazing webinars this month.
Following on from my Xerocon presentation, I’ll be exploring social media for accountants in-depth:
Podcast of the month
If you love listening to Q&A, AskJackD is a great podcast. Jack answers questions on everything business, entrepreneurship and leadership, and has some really great interviews mixed in as well.
Quote of the month
“One finds limits by pushing them” — Herbert Simon
P.S. If you know any other accountants who would enjoy this newsletter, please share it. They can sign up to the mailing list here.